- 16:01 Download edited by
- Added row for 2.6b. (diff)
- 15:56 Changeset [1046:65def5a0c4e4] by
- defaultAdded tag release2_6b for changeset 2cdaacb58860
- 15:56 Changeset [1045:2cdaacb58860] by
- defaultThe initial maximum cache size actually is 5000.
- 15:55 Changeset [1044:c9638ee8a003] by
- defaultUpdated files with new version number and release date.
- 15:52 Changeset [1043:e8f4b9c61ea9] by
- defaultIncreased version to 2.6b.
- 15:51 Changeset [1042:dd8a486adb3f] by
- defaultUpdated README file.
- 15:48 Changeset [1041:cda658357c71] by
- defaultWrote announcement for ftputil 2.6b.
- 15:32 Ticket #29 (Distribute ftputil as a Debian/Ubuntu package) closed by
- fixed: ftputil is now in Debian …
- 15:23 Ticket #56 (FTPHost.__del__ and ftp_path._Path._host wreaks havoc with Python's ...) closed by
- 15:14 Changeset [1040:dd9d9c95c7b6] by
- defaultRemoved `FTPHost.__del__` to fix bug #56. I had _partial_ success with breaking cycles explicitly by setting several attributes in other classes to `None`. However, in the end I felt like I was fighting the language and removed the `__del__` method to make it easier for the garbage collector. It's ironic: The `__del__` method was supposed to make ftputil more fault-tolerant by shutting down an `FTPHost` object even if its `close` method wasn't called. However, it turned out that `__del__` not only didn't work as intended but also prevented the garbage collection even _if_ `FTPHost.close` was called.
- 15:00 Changeset [1039:cc9c0d744b61] by
- defaultMade unit test match changeset 533063f1f2aa (10 % cache increase).
- 01:42 Ticket #56 (FTPHost.__del__ and ftp_path._Path._host wreaks havoc with Python's ...) created by
- Since FTPHost defines a __del__ method and the ftp_path._Path instances …
- 20:27 Changeset [1038:52e1ad6ca38c] by
- defaultRemoved misleading tip. Calling `synchronize_times` doesn't influence stat results.
- 20:22 Changeset [1037:9fd5343ea589] by
- defaultAdded a tip on debugging connections.
- 19:54 Ticket #55 (synchronize_times() may fail when the server is east of the client) closed by
- fixed: The problem seems to be fixed according to an e-mail by the reporter of …
- 20:17 Changeset [1036:9df4c055c8ac] by
- defaultRemove whitespace on whitespace-only lines.
- 12:47 IssueTracker edited by
- Use Trac html processor to markup important sentence on login. (diff)
- 00:55 IssueTracker edited by
- Let the second line stand out more. (diff)
- 00:50 IssueTracker edited by
- Use large bold letters for login notice. (diff)
- 14:36 Changeset [1035:73b36426743f] by
- defaultDecrease the default cache size to 5000 entries.
- 14:36 Changeset [1034:533063f1f2aa] by
- defaultAuto-grow cache by 10 instead of 100 %. Having a higher maximum cache size is good for performance, but only until this cache is full. After that happens, replacing a cache entry takes quadratic time with respect to the cache size. Which factor makes most sense depends on whether you expect to fill the cache up to its maximum size. If you have enough memory and care for maximum speed only, set the cache size to a value higher than everything you'd expect from the needs of your problem. _But_ if you run into this limit, things will suddenly get extremely slow.
- 14:19 Changeset [1033:9b9e745fe45f] by
- defaultKeep the sorted heap instead of using `sorted`.
- 13:18 Changeset [1032:e6a8df3bdd3f] by
- defaultAlso read the cache. That's what it's for.
- 12:11 Changeset [1031:e6e6c5c9ee1f] by
- defaultRename `index` to `rand` to avoid confusion during experiments when the index isn't random but the value is.
- 11:04 Changeset [1030:436afb025892] by
- defaultSet the test size only in one spot.
- 02:02 Changeset [1029:9aad77f63510] by
- defaultUse random cache keys and values.
- 01:18 Changeset [1028:5f96d1ce65e9] by
- defaultBenchmark script to estimate cache performance.
- 01:04 Changeset [1027:31dc1d0cefb0] by
- defaultMore `lrucache.py` optimizations with notable speed improvements. All unit tests of the original distribution pass.
- 22:42 Changeset [1026:5d5d651239b0] by
- defaultDon't show parameters which are almost never used.
- 22:34 Changeset [1025:da5f806b90c5] by
- defaultImproved PEP 8 conformance a bit.
- 22:07 Changeset [1024:0ea671ca3b89] by
- defaultSlightly better PEP 8 compatibility.
- 20:25 Changeset [1023:6d59213b9b9a] by
- defaultAdded fix for ticket #55 (thanks to Thomas L. Shinnick). Ticket URL: http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/ticket/55 .
- 20:23 Changeset [1022:bf7e7b248e40] by
- defaultUse better name `test_synchronize_times_for_server_in_east`.
- 20:05 Changeset [1021:92659ebce6c1] by
- defaultAdded a unit test to test for ticket #55. See http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/ticket/55 for some background.
- 19:40 Changeset [1020:a1aa86ac5c51] by
- defaultImprove confusing error message.
- 19:17 Changeset [1019:ad9e78cc49b4] by
- defaultShow explicitly what the 60 seconds are about.
- 22:29 Ticket #55 (synchronize_times() may fail when the server is east of the client) created by
- synchronize_times() must fail with assertion […] when the client and/or …
- 19:17 Changeset [1018:2fdd8b4a68ff] by
- defaultThe next version of ftputil will require at least Python 2.4.
- 19:10 Changeset [1017:43f21847746c] by
- defaultFixed grammar mistake.
- 12:29 Changeset [1016:400f8ed8234d] by
- defaultReverted to previous version after adding a webserver redirection. That way, both the local link in the generated `ftputil.html` and the link on the documentation page will work. If `ftputil.html` is opened locally in a browser, `ftputil_ru.html` will refer to the file in the same directory. If the reStructuredText file is copied to the ftputil website, clicking the link will trigger a redirection to http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/wiki/RussianDocumentation.
- 12:04 Changeset [1015:8af462499e66] by
- defaultFixed link to Russian documentation (thanks to George Fedorov).
- 01:57 Changeset [1014:d80319ac961e] by
- defaultRemoved unnecessary handling of cache size 0. Reset counter on clear.
- 18:59 Changeset [1013:9a6c30fec6e1] by
- defaultAdded some docstrings. Improved PEP 8 compliance.
- 18:27 Changeset [1012:4114b0c56880] by
- defaultAdded `lrucache.py` to the files processed by PyLint. Meanwhile I do more and more changes to the module, so the file should be processed by PyLint as well.
- 18:25 Changeset [1011:566222014b88] by
- defaultReduced calls to `heapify`, making many operations much faster. The former implementation maintained the heap queue ordering invariant as much as possible. While that made for a clear implementation it slowed down getting values from large caches significantly. The change only calls `heapify` before operations which rely on the heap queue ordering. In some situations this makes the code using the cache ten times faster. All the unit tests distributed with the lrucache module still pass.
- 18:05 Changeset [1010:2640715ee9aa] by
- defaultAdd a `clear` method to `LRUCache` and `StatCache`. The former way of clearing the cache was to temporarily set its size to zero (without changing the maximum size, i. e. the `size` attribute of `LRUCache` objects). The new way is cleaner; the old one was a workaround which was only tolerated because no one would ever set the maximum size to zero. ;-) I only do it to implicitly remove all nodes from the cache in order to make garbage collection more robust.
- 18:00 IssueTracker edited by
- Mentioned repository change and revision mapping. (diff)
- 12:57 Changeset [1009:1817b6413cb4] by
- defaultUpdated checks in __init__ to comply with original lrucache module. Now all the original unit tests pass again. I had thought I had maintained consistency with the tests all the time, but it seems I forgot to run the original tests for lruchache.py after some change in the ftputil tree.
- 18:04 Changeset [1008:a23c222a0ddd] by
- defaultProvide `__lt__` for nodes in addition to `__cmp__`. On my system, this reduces the running time for larger caches to about 60 %.
- 17:08 Ticket #54 (Auto-increment functionality for stat cache) closed by
- fixed: Added in [0fb499033581].
- 16:43 Changeset [1007:0fb499033581] by
- defaultAdded cache auto-resizing (see ticket #54). Ticket URL: http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/ticket/54
- 15:27 Changeset [1006:36e9d67790b1] by
- defaultMake sure only stat info for absolute paths is put in the cache.
- 01:14 Changeset [1005:feefb419cb76] by
- defaultUse a common method to get stat results from a directory listing. The handling of empty lines within a directory listing has been moved to `Parser.ignores_line`.
- 00:14 Changeset [1004:33cb5f221305] by
- defaultUse punctuation according to PEP 8.
- 00:00 Changeset [1003:6b0799f232cb] by
- defaultFixed docstring content.
- 13:49 Changeset [1002:22b24283d7ba] by
- defaultAdded possible TODO about implementing `__dir__`.
Note: See TracTimeline for information about the timeline view.